Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Mission #1 - Deserts and Insects And Hobbits, Oh My!

Ok, SO...
After going to apparently the wrong library first, because of something with my library card being expired which I didn't even know was possible, and then the correct library and also a little old library next to the wrong one that sells books for dirt cheap, I have 4 books from the list:
~ The Kite Runner (already had at my house, actually) by Khaleed Hossini
~ A Thousand Splendid Suns by the same guy
~ The Silmarillion by J.R.R Tolkien
~ Metamorphosis (and other stories) by Franz Kafka

I'm planning on starting (and finishing most likely) Metamorphosis at work tonight because it seemed like it was pretty short when it was on its own, having strange dreams tonight because of it, and then probably moving on to Kite Runner, followed by A Thousand Splendid Suns, and then Silmarillion as time goes on. Those three alone should last me a while, and i'll probably end up reading some of Kafka's other stories because I have the book anyway.

So let the first documented mission of Operation Bookstorm begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment