Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Advenæ (“New Arrivals”)


[Pronounced "add-ven-eye"]

They came like foxes
In pack upon pack,
Engulfing every inch of land
In a growling, glaring mass.

They attacked like lions:
Quick, precise, deadly;
Taking out the poor and the weak first,
Then circling the rest on all four sides
No escape,
No hopes
Then they moved in and finished the job.

They disappeared like birds
Slinking back to whence they came
With news of their triumph,
The only trace of their presence
Being the desecration and carnage
They left behind.


(If you take the first line of each stanza, you get the quote this was inspired by.... if I remembered it correctly. Was just a pretty awesome quote I thought, so I figured, why not make a poem out of it?)
((In other news, I am attempting to start to update this on at least a weekly basis for a while, then it should clear up and get more involved after next week, because then I should be done with tests, and that means lots of free time to write and read and whatever. So soon as well I should be traversing the dreaded, near-50 item book and book series list, with which I shall document my reactions to the books or what they spark in that brain of mine or whatever. So yeah, it'll get fun in here soon enough, I promise))

No comments:

Post a Comment